Saturday, September 15, 2012

RushFit day 13

Today is day 13--abdominal strength and core conditioning.  Not a strenuous workout
UNTIL round 5.   For one thing it is at the end when you have already taxed you body and on top of that it has the toughest moves.  One is the 30 second back bend.  The first time I did this I couldn't push up off the floor.  I got into full position today but had to come down before the full 30 seconds were up.  Hey progress is progress.  The second one was a no go.  I did a bridge instead.  I just couldn't press up.  The other part of this round was a v-sit then a sit-through where you're trying to cross your legs support yourself on your hands and maneuver your legs from that sitting position into a plank---yea exactly.  The next part of the move is to perform a Hindu push up and then back to a sit through.  Repeat for 2 minutes and then do 30 seconds of mountain climbers.  Next--repeat that entire sequence!!!!  Gahhhhhh.  My sit throughs are pathetic.  I see room for much improvement with this round.

Currently perusing "The new rules of lifting for women" by Lou Schuler.  So far the information is fairly similar to what I have read in other plans.  Lift heavy, more cardio intervals and less steady state cardio.   This ended week 2 of RushFit.

No comments:

Post a Comment