Monday, September 3, 2012

RushFit Day 1 Strength and endurance workout

Today was day 1 week 1 of RushFit.  After completing the 2nd round of Supreme 90 day I took a few days and did NOTHING.  I woke up early around 4:30 or so but I wasn't going to start working out.  The plan was to drink my Amino.Energy at 5 and be ready to go at 5:30.  That didn't happen.  I could not get going.  Part of my problem was the mental challenge that I was creating knowing that it would be INTENSE.  I also knew that I had people doing S90 along the way and I'm floating with GSP alone right now.  It took me until around 7 I guess to get moving.  The warm up was 10 minutes and it isn't "intense" but it did get the body sweating.  I am not (so far) a heavy sweat producer.  I see people post their post-workout pictures and even doing tabata with a weighted vest I didn't have the kind if visible sweat that they do.  I should have set FitBit to monitor but didn't think about it.  I know my heart rate was up and my clothes are wet--not dripping but definitely wet.  Maybe they are more absorbent or something.  The workout consisted of 5 five minute rounds.  Rounds 1 and 2 were body weight  exercises.  Including squats,squat holds,push ups,pop ups, squat thrusts,burpees and lateral planks.  Most of those were in S90 so they weren't new.  Squat holds and pop ups were the new kids on the block for me and the squat holds are an isometric move but not bad. Pop ups were another beast.  I had to modify.  I could not jump from a kneeling position into a squatting one without using my hands for support.   Rounds 3-5 included dumbbells.  I stuck with the 10 lbs.  I think 15's might be to much for some of the moves so I need 12's.    Again those three rounds included some familiar exercises.  After each round was a 60 second rest period.
     Overall this was tough--not impossible but definitely challenging.  I started with the intermediate.  If you've done another program or two I believe intermediate is ok.  If you have been sedentary for an extended period or even just beginning to workout then maybe doing something else to build up strength and endurance for a month or 2 might be a better idea.  I feel recovered and ready for my shake.
Day 1 √

No comments:

Post a Comment