Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Two steps forward, One step back

Today was supposed to be a 2-a-day workout. I got up this morning at 5 to get dressed and just felt like ughhhhhhhhhh. I told myself that it was ok to "rest" so back to bed I went. I got up an hour and a half later and grabbed some juice and started getting breakfast. Juice was a bad idea. The tummy rejected that with a quickness. I got breakfast down and headed out to work. I got to work and made a cup of tea. That wasn't working for me either. I downed a bunch of saltines and a sprite and felt much better. Next came popcorn. I left for a meeting and got back about 2 and decided to eat my lunch-- Grilled chicken salad. About 4 I had some cantaloupe and fresh pineapple. I headed to the gym at 5 and even though I didn't feel perky, I didn't feel horrible like I did yesterday. I made it through the class and when I got home for dinner I had no desire for anything healthy. It was a sloppy joe kind of night with fries and a brownie.

My excuse is that as long as I have this sinus crud and feel sick, I'm just not up to eating clean.
It's an excuse I know. If I eat better maybe I'll feel better but I'm not feeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment