Friday, August 28, 2009

The art of letting go

All day I had ideas pop into my head on "letting go". Letting go of unwanted, unneeded, unloved STUFF. I gathered up some books to refresh my memory on the when, why, how of purging.
Fast forward to 7 p.m. I made an unhealthy dinner choice but again it was something I wanted but my body doesn't need or want it--bleh. I'm now trying to recover from that so that I can start the first step which is analyzing clothes. Do I love it? Can I wear it? Would I wear if I could wear it? Will I ever wear it? Do I even need it?

As I lie here watching TLC's "What not to wear" I know that I need to have the same open eye and let things go. I have failed the idea of taking something out when you buy something new--Ha!

Woooooo part one is done.

I ended up with 1 bag to keep (for now). 2 bags to donate and 1 bag to trash.

I have to pick another spot to focus on. I have another bag of fall/winter clothing that needs analyzing and then there's the closet!!.

Letting go feels great!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment