Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cheating or Treating?

I thought about starting this blog off with some finely written explanation of why I was blogging. I decided to go with what popped into my head. I decided last Sunday that I needed to get back on a healthy eating plan. I haven't been eating completely "unhealthy" foods but I have been choosing too many less healthy foods. We're quickly cruising into another season and as I stare into my closet I realize that there are articles of clothing in there I haven't worn during this warm ------ok hot weather. I haven't worn them because they are a bit too snug for my liking. I don't like the feeling that I could injure someone with a missile formed from a button. My first thought was that I was tired of trying to get rid of the extra inches. I was going to go through the closet and if it didn't fit---pack it up and pass it on. Ok, that's fine except there are things in there I still like. So the lightbulb moment came and I decided to give it another shot.

I grabbed my Dr. Phil's ultimate weight solution for the meal plans. Hmmm 1100-1200 calories for a couple of weeks. Uhmm, I don't think that's going to last. Logged back into my fitday account. [Note to self-the journal would be more accurate if you actually remember what you ate]. I managed around 1200 calories for a couple of days. I ended up with under 1500 average for the week so far. I don't think 1200 is going to work and I don't foresee a 2 lb per week loss either. I have to regroup and find new meals or I'll get bored which will lead to either cheating or treating. I made a conscious decision to stray off the plan today since I was out and yes I could have made a better choice but I wanted what I wanted.

Everything in moderation except maybe cheesecake. It might be best to leave that alone for now. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment