Monday, January 2, 2012

Meditate


So the second line of the poster says meditate and feel. I have to admit I have not been one to think that of what I do as meditation.
Meditation can be defined as follows:

1. To reflect on; contemplate.
2. To plan in the mind; intend:
v.intr.
1.
a. Buddhism & Hinduism To train, calm, or empty the mind, often by achieving an altered state, as by focusing on a single object.
b. To engage in devotional contemplation, especially prayer.
2. To think or reflect, especially in a calm and deliberate manner.

I suppose I fall into "b". More like "conversations with God". Often questioning the thoughts that sometimes follow my talking. Sometimes it's in my head and sometimes it's really an oral conversation. Most often those take place in the car or some other place I find myself alone with my thoughts. The shower's a good place. I think it's time to practice taking a few minutes in the day and just releasing and clearing my head and allowing myself to feel the negativity escaping. I have no expectations--one of my new goals-Just let it be. Whatever it is let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment