Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!


Ok I didn't do so well in 2011. I-and I use the word again-neglected my parlor. I was busy elsewhere but maybe it's time to come back. I am using this picture as a focus. I hope to keep each of these in mind and address them.
Last night I did my own version of the burning bowl ceremony. It involved taking a list of ideas,thoughts or actions that I felt I needed to release from my life and burn them. I also wrote a list of things to replace them. No it wasn't magic. I didn't wake up this morning free of them. It's a journey that's only begun. It will be work.
This poster has many things that I used to replace negative things I did or thought in 2011. I told myself that today after church I would relax and enjoy the day. For the most part I did. I did find myself being "busy". I started throwing away little thinks that I didn't need. I had said I wouldn't do that until tomorrow but I just felt the need to toss. There's a whole to be removed and each day something needs to go. We'll work on that. Little by little it can be done. I removed a lot of email and contacts last week. More of that to do as well. Things that no longer serve you good must go. In order to grow cut away the dead ends. Embrace the new. Allow it to come to you.
Reflecting upon last year there were some awesome days and some painful days. All for growth and improvement. I must continue growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment