Friday, October 16, 2009

Fall bags and shoes



Almost 2 years ago I spotted a wonderful Tignanello purse. It was retail about $160 and though I really liked it, I didn't like it that much. I later saw it on Macy's website on sale. After computing the shipping it put the bag almost back to the retail so that was a no. It is rare that I get attached to something and experience a "gotta have it" moment. While browsing one of my favorites shopping spots I saw "my" bag. TJMaxx had it for $79.99 and that was still more than I wanted to spend but I got it. I got it in black and it's been my everyday bag most of the time. I have others that I carry occasionally but I fall back on this one. I spotted this bag in TJMaxx on clearance much later and briefly considered snagging it but didn't want to pay for it. It may have been about $45-$50! I wasn't thinking that I couldn't find something else I liked as much. My bag is in fairly good condition considering how long I've had it. The straps of course are showing the wear with fraying. So I keep searching for the next "gotta have it" bag.






Today I was browsing again and nothing really jumped out at me. They had a few Tig bags and though they were cheaper than my current bag they didn't say "hey" pick me. I was about to leave the purses when I saw something in the clearance section. I had seen it before but it wasn't "it". I examined it again, held it up and thought this won't work for everyday BUT the soft leather makes it dressier. Add to that the size is smaller. I turned the tag over and stared---$29. Is this right? Hmmm it could work. I had to debate it since it wasn't an everyday bag. I looked back at the manufacturer's tag and retail was $179. What?! Discount was $89. So I got it.

Coming up: Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment